FIRST LEVEL DO AS I DO
This exam is divided in two parts: theory and practice.
The theory part consists of a multiple choice questionnaire of 10 questions.
The topics are those that are explained during the Do as I Do seminars and courses and can also be found in the book and DVD:
- Social learning, imitation, other social learning processes.
- Do as I Do training protocol, training phases.
During the practice part of the exam the dog is tested with a novel demonstrator in a Do as I Do session where he is required to reproduce various actions:
- The dog is tested by an examiner in 2 sessions of 6 trials each, on 6 familiar actions (at least two without objects) chosen by the owner.
- The dog will then be tested on a novel action.
- The dog is required to be able to reproduce actions that are shown on objects that are behind himself and behind the demonstrator.
- The ‘Do it!’ command is given while looking straightforward and not looking at the dog.
What we do
You can watch another full exam session here.
After passing the exam, the owner will receive a certificate.
Furthermore, owners and dogs will have the possibility to participate in the research program on social learning and imitation in dogs and take part in the training and testing sessions.
Important note: it is required to have passed the exam for this certification to be able to apply for a Do as I Do Trainer.