DO AS I DO TRAINER CERTIFICATE
This exam is available only for professional dog trainers and it certifies the skills of the trainer in preparing other dog-owner pairs with the Do as I Do method.
The certified Do as I Do trainers are listed in the Do as I Do Trainers Registery and are allowed to use the official Do as I Do logo when promoting their teaching and professional activity.
click for the SECOND LEVEL EXAM details pdf dowload or keep scrolling down…
- The candidate is required to upload 5 videos. Four of those are videos in which he/she works with a dog-owner pair learning the Do as I Do method; the other one is a video in which s/he works personally with his/her own dog (or non-owned dog that was trained by the candidate) (Detailed instructions about the content of the videos and how to upload them can be found below).
Theory/Practice Final Exam
- Written exam: multiple choice questionnaire about social learning, the Do as I Do method and individual associative learning theory.
- Practice + oral exam: the candidate is required to work with a given unfamiliar dog-owner pair, while being examined by the board. Questions can be asked by the board before, during and after the practice session.The sites for the oral / practice exam in Europe are in Italy and/or Hungary. For American citizens, exam sessions can be organized in USA or Latin America.
Candidates are admitted to the oral / practice exam only if they have uploaded the required videos (point 1) and passed the theory exam (multiple choice questionnaire – point 2).
SHOULD POSSESS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Possess a dog trainer certificate for at least 2 years (certificates should be sent, together with a cv to email@example.com
- Being an attendee of a course for becoming
dogtrainer and having experience in dog competitions in one of the following categories (or above): agility 2; obedience2; Rally-obedience 2; IPO2.
Only dog trainers that already passed the 1st level Do as I Do exam with at least one dog are allowed to undertake the Do as I Do Trainer exam.
The candidate shall have professional expertise in dog training, regarding the main training methods based on individual associative learning (shaping, luring etc.). Although this knowledge is taken for granted for a professional dog trainer, it will be assessed during the exam.
Candidates are required to send a cv and their dog trainer certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the cv, the candidate should describe his/her professional experience in the applied field of dog training. If the candidate attended a Do as I Do seminar or more, this should be indicated with date and location. It is also mandatory to indicate the date and location of the First Level Exam.