The dog´s mind
join us in the journey of discovery into “The dog´s mind”.
Revealing the most recent scientific discoveries on dogs’ social cognition, explained by a scientist for the general public. Lecturer: Dr. Claudia Fugazza, PhD Research Fellow at the Department of Ethology Eötvös Loránd University – Budapest
“It is a ‘not to be missed’ event for all professionals working with dogs, but also for interested owners and dog lovers“
How has the dog´s evolutionary and developmental history with humans shaped the dog´s mind? And how is it that dogs possess some socio-cognitive skills that were thought to be uniquely human?
“The predisposition to learn socially, different types of memory, self-awareness, awareness of own and others’ actions, language learning and the development of social cognitive skills in puppies…”
In this seminar we will cover these and more DISCOVERIES recently investigated by scientists working on dogs’ cognition.
Possibility to undertake an exam at the end of the seminar and obtain a certificate assessing the acquired knowledge.
To see program click here!
- Self awareness in dogs?
- The roots of social learning and imitation. Why is it so special?
- How do dogs remember? Different types of memory.
- What do dogs learn from humans?
- The ability to understand others’ actions and their goals
- Language learning and processing, and related cognitive skills.
- Do dogs understand our words? (Preliminary results)
- One and a half day seminar
Languages click here!